Driving the future of sustainability in motorsport.
THE SOFTEST TREAD.
FUTURE PROOFING SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK’S IMPACT ON ENVIRONMENT, IN BUSINESS, AND THE COMMUNITY.
The Australian Racing Drivers’ Club (ARDC), proud operators of Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek (SMSP), is committed to creating a lasting positive impact on the community and the environment. We are proud to spearhead sustainable practices in motorsport, and are committed to continue working towards a more sustainable future.
- We are committed to ambitious and measurable sustainable development programs at Sydney Motorsport Park.
- To significantly reduce our environmental impact across our precinct
- To implement innovative sustainability solutions in collaboration with our partners and stakeholders across the motorsport industry
OUR KEY PROGRAMS AND ACTIONS
- Provide track access opportunities to local community
- Establish Australian Motorsport Innovation Precinct
- Introduce night economy to expand business opportunities
- Implement sustainable technology on track and off track
- Create a sustainable waste management program
- Build an ecosystem of local suppliers
- Monitor and reduce energy and water consumption
- Measure and reduce noise and air emissions
- Plant trees and preserve biodiversity
Sustainability is often thought of in terms of three key pillars: economic, social, and environmental. By focusing on all three pillars of sustainability, the ARDC can create long-term value for our customers and clients, while also benefiting the community and preserving the environment.
Reducing our carbon footprint, conserving energy, and finding new solutions to create a sustainable future for motorsport – and for the environment as a whole.
Managing and identifying business impacts on our customers, Members, staff, volunteers and officials, and the Greater Sydney precinct at Sydney Motorsport Park.
Our corporate responsibility and KPIs in the financial sphere, from creating best practice and policy today, to future planning and ensuring our tomorrow.
Partnership with Closed Loop
Sydney Motorsport Park’s official Sustainability Services partner, helping to reduce our waste and footprint while increasing our recycling and upcycling, renewable practices, and creating our circular economy.
The Sustainable Circuits Index
The Sustainable Circuits Index ranks companies based on their sustainability efforts, with a focus on reducing environmental impact. In 2022, we ranked first in Australia and 32nd in the world.
Latest success stories.
Driving sustainability at SMSP.
Total waste recycled – 1,234 square metres, or twenty-six 40-foot containers!
149,000 cups and 130,000 cans/containers recycled.
At SMSP events, you may run into Troy Sullivan and his gassd fired pizza’s van, Australia’s only exclusively solar powered pizza van!
Established in 1952, the Australian Racing Drivers’ Club (ARDC) is both steeped in tradition and is focused on progression. Powering Sydney Motorsport Park since…
From February 2022, the ARDC began a partnership with a new Australian ticketing platform, Humanitix. A not-for-profit organisation, Humanitix puts all profits from booking…
The ‘circular economy’ is a model for sustainable economic growth that reduces waste and maximizes resource productivity. Upcycling is a process in which waste…
SYDNEY MOTORSPORT PARK’S NEW MENU FOR SUCCESS WITH GEMA GROUP PARTNERSHIP. The Australian Racing Drivers’ Club (ARDC) has partnered with leading hospitality and major…