PaperCut Software was founded 20 years ago with the goal of reducing office waste. Their flagship product, PaperCut NG, is a powerful system administrator tool that helps organizations cut down on paper consumption. In addition to reducing paper waste, PaperCut NG also saves organizations time and money by streamlining office workflows.
For example, the software can automatically routing print jobs to the most efficient printer, track print usage for cost recovery, and more. With its many features and benefits, it’s no wonder that PaperCut NG has been adopted by tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. As we move towards a more paperless society, PaperCut Software will continue to be a leader in helping organizations save time, money, and resources.
The ARDC will be utilising Papercut from November/December 2022. We hope to implement most if not all of the following with this partnership:
Here’s a list of the top options to implement to become best practice in waste control:
- Use Print Deploy to deploy printer drivers and manage print queues.
- Use Find-Me printing with Secure Print Release.
- Use PaperCut Mobility Print to easily handle BYOD devices.
- Embed the PaperCut app on MFDs to provide a consistent user experience across brands.
- Set print quotas to drive better printing behaviors.
- Use the chargeback features to recover your billable jobs.
- Run standard reports to gain printing visibility and find trouble spots.
- Set rules and routing to help encourage duplex and black and white printing.
- Encourage users to use the options to print smarter at the MFD printer touchscreen.
- Create customizable pop-up messages to help change users’ printing behavior before printing.
- Set up secure print release to stop the recycling bins from overflowing from uncollected print jobs.
Jump into the following sections to further explore waste control at Papercut’s website.